Friday, June 24, 2011

Parents

WHY SHOULD A 16 YEAR OLD BOY HAVE TO WRITE THIS? What is going on in the parents heads that they can't show this extremely intelligent young man some real parental love?

Parents

I don't know how to feel about these two
I don't know where we fall apart
The two who put up with me through all in life
From now right back to the start

I went through ups and downs with them
They never accepted who I was
Maybe I'm the reason we fell apart
Maybe I'm the one main cause

When I was little, I blew out candles on a cake
They rushed over and made a fuss, I didn't really understand
But they were trying to protect me
Blowing out the candles with my hand

When I fell around the corner
I split open my head
We went the hospital to stitch me up
We skipped dinner, you and i didn't get fed

Then when I was 10 I broke my arm, walked in without a word
You sat me down, got a cushion, told me i'll soon be on the mend
We went to hospital, went through red lights
At 60 round every bend

Yous have certainly looked after me the last few years
Through all the good and bad
I don't know where we fell apart
I miss you, mum and dad

All these things you've done
Every present I've been bought
I love you both more than anyone
And you loved me, I thought

When yous asked who Liam was
And I replied to you my boyfriend
You were both let down inside
I don't think you'll ever mend

But its not my fault because of the way I am
If I could i'd change it all
All I want is for a happy family
Not one who fight at every call

We were once that family
Before that fateful day
The day both my parents stopped caring
The day they found out I was gay

Read more at Davie Magill ... this is his blog.

No comments: