Saturday, October 30, 2010

From Military.com comments on DaDt

Oh dear Lord; I beseech you to be understanding of my inability to see the forest for the trees. I pray that you will not rain down your eternal wrath on my stiff necked pride and my inability to understand your great plan. Oh Lord I accept that you are the author of all the aspects of my life; like Job I know I must accept that you have permitted the vicissitudes of this existence to test my faith, I am slowly beginning to understand that many of the things I learned at my father's knee are questionable, even those he taught me from his incomplete understanding of holy scripture. Dear Heavenly Father I am beginning to understand that no man can know Your eternal plan; that you have provided me with a mind to began to fathom the secrets of Your Divine will, I pray oh Lord that you will forgive my rushing to judgment of others you have created even though in my ignorance I cannot reconcile that creation with Holy Scripture. Oh God your Son commanded that I judge not lest I be judged; I pray for the wisdom to be tolerant, understanding and not afraid of any your creations in all their infinite differences. Oh Lord I know I have violated your trust when I have rushed to judgment; I ask for forgiveness that I may be a better and more understanding human in your sight. Amen

No comments: